Wokingham Borough Council online directory offers a review facility and welcomes feedback from all our users.
By submitting on our website you agree to be bound by these rules.
Please note that the Council will moderate comments and will not publish them on the Wokingham online directory/website, all comments sent to us will be reviewed and shared appropriately.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information on this website.
- You acknowledge that the opinions expressed are those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the views of the Council. The Council is not responsible for, does not control, does not endorse and does not verify the content posted on this website. Furthermore, the Council makes no guarantees regarding the reliability, accuracy, legitimacy or quality of any such content.
- The Council reserves the right to edit comments for language or other inappropriate content. We reserve the right to remove or discard any content if it is deemed to contravene these Rules. These Rules are not exhaustive and the Council reserves the right to vary them from time to time and the Rules published at the time of browsing are those in effect.
- All comments require a valid e-mail address before they are posted (this e-mail address will not be displayed).
- Any reviews, comments, and content should be solely about the service/topic in which such content is posted.
- Reviews should be genuine experiences and content should be relevant and helpful to other users of the website.
- No single word reviews are permitted.
- Reviews must be written in English.
- Reviews that contain questions or comments aimed at other contributors or website users or Council staff and/or representatives will not be published or will be removed.
- Contributors under the age of 18 should get the permission of a parent or guardian before submitting any review or contribution
- Do not write in capital letters, as this is considered shouting. Messages in block capitals will not be published.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove comments which:
- Violate any applicable national or international law or regulations
- Contain data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or any other material ("Content") that is false, unlawful, misleading, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing or advocates harassment of another person, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable.
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise additional products or services
- Contain private information of any third party, that includes, without limitation, surname (family name), postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and bank details.
- Are written in anything other than English.
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Contain unsolicited promotions, mass mailings or “spamming”, transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters, political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations, that is posts containing the same, or similar, content posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the blog discussion
- Provide instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of this Website areas are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- May infringe any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, content that promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Contain content or links to content that, in the sole judgment of the Council, (a) violate the previous subsections, (b) are objectionable, (c) which restrict or inhibit any other person from using or enjoying the interactive areas or the website, or (d) which may expose the Council or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content;
- Upload, post or email any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
13. Should you wish to make a complaint about any organisation or service providers listed please contact the organisation directly and follow their complaints process
14. The Council retains the right to prevent you accessing the interactive areas of the website if you contravene these Rules.
15. Please be aware that by submitting content to this website by electronic mail, postings on this website or otherwise, including any reviews, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, “Submissions”), you grant the Council and its agents a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter devised; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission.
16. Your use of this site is personal to you and non-transferable, and you may not use this site for commercial purposes.
17. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or partners harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to any content you upload, post or email on or through our site, or your breach of the provisions of these Rules.
18. Any breaches may lead to us reporting your activities to your Internet Service Provider, your employer, relevant authorities or to legal action being taken against you, or both.
19. You are legally responsible for the content of any material you submit for posting on Wokingham Borough Councils website and/or online directory.
20. The information you give us will be held by the Wokingham Borough Family Information Service and supplied to the service being reviewed using the email address on the directory listing. It will be held by the Council in the reviewing and developing of services within the borough and for statistical information only.
21. Wokingham Borough Council will not be responsible for replying to individual reviews or tracking the progress of the review for external providers. Reviews that are relevant to Council Services will only be replied to where appropriate.
22. I consent to you making available to the public through the annually review report the information I have supplied (which will exclude personal data and sensitive data) in the following ways: By phone, face to face, in writing, in print or by email or fax and digitally on the Wokingham Borough Council for Families Directory.
If you have an issue submitting your review please contact the Family Information Service by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on: 0118 974 6000.
Is there anything wrong with this page?