CAN (children with additional needs) Network and CAN Card
The CAN Network is part of Wokingham Borough Council and is an information and support service for children and young people (up to age 25) and their families, who live in the Wokingham Borough.
Children and young people do not need to have a diagnosis to join the CAN Network but cannot obtain a CAN card without evidence of their additional need. The CAN card is recognised by many local leisure attractions and may enable some concessions.
The CAN Network offers a range of benefits to families including:
- Regular newsletters including children's and young people events, training workshops and the transition to adulthood
- A CAN Card, which acts as proof of disability to access concessions at local leisure facilities. The card is only available to children and young people with a diagnosis of a permanent additional need.
- Annual Free Family Fun and Information Day
- Signposting to other appropriate services
- Access to the CAN Network Co-ordinator for Information and Advice
To become a member please complete our CAN application form (PDF document) and email it to the CAN Network along with a photo of your child and evidence of diagnosis.
We aim to complete the CAN card within 10 working days of receipt of application.
- Wokingham Borough's Local Offer
- Scan to visit this website
- Contact Name
- Saika Solat
- Contact Position
- CAN Network Co-ordinator - works on a part-time basis
- 07599 103 384 (calls will be responded to as soon as possible) 07599 103 384 (calls will be responded to as soon as possible)
Woodley Airfield Centre
- RG5 4UX
- View RG5 4UX on a map
When is it On/Open ?
- Date & Time Information
The CAN Co-ordinator works on a part time basis, any emails/calls will be responded to as soon as possible.
Costs and Fee Information
- Service/Activity is Free
- Contact provider for costs
- How is the service funded
Accessing this service
- Age Ranges
- 0 - 25 years
- Booking / Registration Required
- Supporting people with
Autism Spectrum Conditions
Children with Additional Needs
Learning and Communication
Other long term conditions
Local Offer - Support available for children and young people with additional needs
Data last checked: