ASSIST Autism Parent Programmes
The EarlyBird, EarlyBird Plus and Teen Life parent programmes are National Autistic Society parent programmes. The programmes are managed by the ASSIST team who are licenced to deliver the programmes in Wokingham.
National Autistic Society EarlyBird; EarlyBird Plus & Teen Life parent programmes are offered termly with a mix of daytime face to face programmes and evening online programmes
For parents and carers of child or young person who has an autism diagnosis or is on the pathway for an autism assessment.
- pre-school (EarlyBird); primary school (EarlyBird Plus); and 10-16 (Teen Life) age groups.
- 8 weekly group sessions (Teen Life – 6 sessions) – dates and times are sent for the next programmes once parent/carers express an interest in attending.
- The programmes help families to understand their child or young persons autism.
- Builds knowledge, skills and increases confidence.
- Parents & carers can learn about the differences in communication, developing strategies that helps understanding, and then thinking about what might help and support from an autism perspective.
- Meeting other families that include an autistic child or young person.
- Parents & carers can be supported in the sessions by another person involved with their child or young person e.g. TA; teacher; grandparent; support worker, enabling consistency of approach across different environments.
There is a charge for the NAS workbook. We do not want anyone to be unable to access the NAS parent programmes because finance is an issue and would ask that you talk to the ASSIST service.
Daytime face to face programmes are offered at the Woodley Airfield Centre; evening programmes are usually online via Microsoft teams’
- Please email in the first instance for information and dates of next programmes. We will note your interest and automatically send you the dates of the next programmes and invite you to make an application to join the programme. Please email in the first instance for information and dates of next programmes. We will note your interest and automatically send you the dates of the next programmes and invite you to make an application to join the programme.
- Woodley Airfield Centre
- RG5 4UX
- View RG5 4UX on a map
Costs and Fee Information
- Contact provider for costs
- How is the service funded
Facilities and Accessibility
Accessing this service
- Eligibility Criteria
Parents and carers of children with an autism diagnosis or on the pathway for an autism assessment can attend a NAS parent programme with ASSIST – the age range covered is up to age 16 years.
- Booking / Registration Required
- Referral notes
Self-referral or through a professional
- Supporting people with
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
Local Offer - Support available for children and young people with additional needs
Data last checked: