Our Disabled Children's Team consists of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and support staff.
- We provide services for disabled children up to 18 years-old.
- We work together with children, young people, families, carers and other agencies.
- In relation to transition we seek to promote communication with adult services in relation to the child's future plan and needs as required.
Is my child eligible for services?
To be eligible for services, children must:
- Have a permanent and substantial disability
- Be under the age of 18 years, and they and their family are resident in the Wokingham Borough
- Require more attention and support than another child of the same age and gender
Read our eligibility criteria documents.
What happens when I contact the team?
When you contact the Team, you will
- Be put through to the Duty Officer who will complete an initial enquiry form and ask you for some details.
- If you are requesting a service, the Team will need to carry out an assessment of need.
- This means that they will look at your child's and family's needs, and will work out a plan to provide services or support.
- The Duty Officer is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Assessment should be completed in 25 or 45 working days depending on the situation.
- Service provided by Wokingham Borough Council