If you enjoy walking, would like to improve your health and meet some new friends, the Health Walks are just what you need!
Every week there are 16 walks in the Wokingham borough led by trained volunteers. The emphasis is on brisk walking to improve your health, but don’t worry about how fast you can walk, we always have a leader and a back up so that everyone can walk at their own pace.
- Meet: Maiden Centre Car Park
- Date and time: Monday, 6.30pm
- Difficulty: Medium
- Distance: 3 miles
- Time: 50 - 65 minutes
- Route: Around paths of Lower Earley
Try and arrive 10 minutes before the start time and look for the leaders in the bright red shirts.
How to join
Complete the walker registration form (PDF document).
What you need to know before you walk
To make sure you're ready and comfortable we advise you:
- Wear sturdy boots or shoes that are comfortable for walking. Some paths may be muddy or rough. In winter you will probably need waterproof footwear.
- Wear lots of thin layers so that you can remove layers as you get warmer
- Bring a bottle of water to keep hydrated
- Use sunscreen and wear a hat when it's warm and sunny
- Check with your doctor before walking if you have any medical conditions
When you're on the walk you should:
- Try and keep between the two leaders unless you know the route well
- Let the leaders know if you wish to leave the walk or go on ahead on your own
- Let the leaders know if you have any health conditions which may affect you whilst walking
- If you have any problems stop and wait for the back marker, all leaders have mobile phones and first aid kits
- Let the leader know if you have any allergies or carry an epi-pen
- Keep to paths and try to avoid livestock and dogs
- Walk in single file and towards oncoming traffic when walking on roads
- Please note we have a 'no dogs' policy
- Service provided by Wokingham Borough Council