999 using a text: emergencySMS
You can contact emergency services via SMS if you're deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
You MUST REGISTER YOUR PHONE before you can use it.
Visit the emergencySMS website for more information or to register your phone.
- Don't leave it until you need it, that's too late
- Do it now so you're ready, just in case
What to put in your text when texting for the emergency services
- The service you need: ambulance, police, fire or coastguard
- What's the emergency?
- Where's the emergency? Be precise, including the name of the road and town and, if possible, more details like the house number or nearby landmarks or main roads.
- Contact 999 using Relay UK
- Scan to visit this website
- Supporting people with
Learning and Communication
Data last checked: