ASD Family Help - Sleep course
This workshop is for parents, carers and professionals who have an interest in sleep difficulties in children and young people.
The focus of this workshop is for sleep difficulties in children/young people with SEND.
The workshop will cover:
- The importance of sleep, peer support and shared experiences/ideas with others.
- The impact lack of sleep can have on the child/young person, relationships and family life.
- Different stages of sleep.
- Sleep issues, triggers and sleep associations.
- Sleep strategies, tips and ideas to best support children/young people or family members.
- Sleep diary's and why they can be a useful tool
- What a good sleep routine may look like to best support an individual child/young person
Professionals are welcome to attend this training if it will help you to support carers/parent carers in your job role.
- ASD Family Help
- Scan to visit this website
- Contact Name
- Jayne McGovern
- Contact Position
- Adult Support Manager
- 07733 601755 07733 601755
- Social Media
When is it On/Open ?
- Date & Time Information
This course is held over 2 sessions and will run 5 times during 2023.
Wokingham - January and February 2023 (Evening)
- Session 1: 26th January, 5.30 - 7.30pm
- Session 2: 2nd February, 5.30 - 7.30pm
Arborfield - May 2023 (Daytime)
- Session 1 and 2: 15th May 23, 9.45 - 2.15pm
Earley - July 2023 (Daytime)
- Session 1 and 2: 11th July 23, 9.45 - 2.30pm
Woodley - September 2023 (Daytime)
- Session 1 and 2: 19th September 23, 9.45 - 2.15pm
Arborfield - October 2023 (Evening)
- Session 1: 5th October 23, 5.30 - 7.30pm
- Session 2: 12th October 23, 5.30 - 7.30pm
Costs and Fee Information
- Service/Activity is Free
- Funding Notes
Funding for this training is provided by Wokingham Borough Council and Education & Skills Funding Agency
- How is the service funded
Facilities and Accessibility
- Contact Name
- Cathy Roberts
- Complaints procedure notes
Email Jayne@asdfamilyhelp.org for any complaints regarding this activity/training.
You may also email email@example.com to email Cathy Roberts directly.
Accessing this service
- Age Ranges
- Eligibility Criteria
Parents and carers of families with autistic family members or those with associated additional needs (no formal diagnosis is required)
- Booking / Registration Required
- Booking and Registration Notes
To book on this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/phone 07733 601755 and she will provide you with the current online booking link.
- Referral not required
- Who can refer
- Self Referral
- Supporting people with
Mental health conditions
Children with Additional Needs
Learning and Communication
Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Registered Charity No.
Tutors are trained by The Sleep Charity for delivery of this course
Tutors are experienced in working with children, young people and adults with additional needs
Local Offer - Support available for children and young people with additional needs
Data last checked: