Skip to main content
Your shortlist 0 What's on

Ann Riley

I am a registered childminder in Shinfield Park, I offer a very flexible service, mother to 4 boys 3 have left home, I cover Shinfield School and Nursery, we go to local toddler groups and childminder drop ins.

Vacancy range(s)
0 12 1
Vacancies Information

I have a full time space available from September 2019

Who to contact

Contact Name
Ann Riley

Where to go


When is it On/Open ?

Date & Time Information

Monday to Friday: 7am - 6pm

All Year
Part Time
School Holiday Cover
School Holiday Only
School Holidays
Before School
May/June Half Term Holidays
Morning Sessions
After school
October Half-term Holiday
Afternoon Sessions
February Half Term Holidays
Flexibility for shift workers
Full Time
Short Term/Ad-hoc
Easter Holidays
Summer Holidays
Term Time
Emergency Care
Term time only option

Costs and Fee Information

Do you accept childcare vouchers?
Contact provider for costs?
Registered to offer
3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Intending to provide 30 hours
Registered to provide 30 hours
Funding Notes

I can offer 2, 3 and 4 year funding

Accessing this service

Age Ranges
1 month - 12 years

Provision For

Supporting people with
Children with Additional Needs
Learning and Communication
Mobility problems
Sensory Impairment
Autism Spectrum Conditions
Religious and cultural needs
Other long term conditions
Dietary needs

Quality Assurance

  • First aid
  • Food hygiene 
  • Safe guarding
  • Diabetic type 1

Provision For (Childcare Specific)

Wheelchair Access

Has Provision

Special Diet

Has Provision

Childcare Specifics

School Pickups

Shinfield Nursery
Shinfield Infant School
Shinfield Junior School


Inspection history
Inspection History
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
24/11/2009Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
03/11/2014Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
07/11/2017Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
Ofsted URN
Ofsted report
Click here to view the latest Ofsted Inspection Report 

Local Offer - Support available for children and young people with additional needs

Local Offer logo
Local Offer Description

I live in a 3 bed semi in the Whitley Wood area of Reading.

I cater of all children

Local Offer last reviewed 02/08/2016

1. How does the childminder identify children with additional needs or SEND ?

I will observe children when they first arrive and take observations of their milestones

2. How will I be informed / included about the ways in which my child is being supported ?

I will make observations and assessments of children’s learning on a daily basis, and share any concerns with you and any other professional health provider.

3. How will the childminder adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child?s needs ?

My setting has a play environment and we often adapt activities of what is available on the day according to the child's interests and level of need on a per child rota basis. I adapt the EYFS to offer targeted support for individual development and interventions. These are planned and built into the child's learning environment in planning activity sheets and on the spot adjustments. My setting can give you information about any other programmes we use such as the playing and learning to socialise (PALS) I can also signpost you to other early years support such as children's centre's which we can use to ensure that we are working with all areas and facilities available to widen the EYFS curriculum to offer a varied range of development in all activities to cater for all levels of learners and all types of interactions in those activities.

4. What additional support does the childminder provide for children with additional needs or SEND ?

The children learn through a curriculum based around play then in our next steps we plan our weeks according to the children's interests.

Observations and plans are logged to show the journey of the children's learning. Because children learn at different rates we look at their stage of development rather than their age.

5. How will the childminder monitor my child?s progress and how will I be involved in this ?

All children including those with SEND are regularly assessed and their progress carefully monitored. Progress is discussed termly at family parents meetings. If your child has an Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP).

I also use daily contact sheets, observational home and setting books. plan targets and learning journeys and daily photos and simple observations.

6. How does the childminder ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips ?
  • Active, senses-based exploration of the environment.
  • Self-directed, hands-on learning activities balanced with teacher-directed activities.
  • A balance between individual and group activities.
  • Regular and supportive interaction with myself
  • A balance between active movement and quiet activities.
  • Ongoing observation and assessment, which informs the program.

I include children by what is known about their development and learning; what is known about the strengths, interests, and needs of each individual child in the group; and knowledge of the social and cultural context in which children live. This allows for a variety within each child.

7. How accessible is the childminder?s home for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users ?

I can adapt my home but at the moment there is no wheelchair access.

8. How will the childminder contribute to my child?s transition to a new setting or school ?
  • In my setting I will liaise with you and also involve your child in completing the ‘Things I’d Like You to Know About Me’ sheet. This will be given to the receiving school before your child starts to help them understand your child’s needs and preferences. 
  • I also help each child by preparing a photograph book about your child’s new school.
9. How does the childminder assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation ?

In my setting I ask parents for feedback and suggestions to access the effectiveness of all aspects of my services,at every opportunity and offer a way to ask for anything and everything you or your child needs

I do training on a regular basis to improve and check the services I offer.

10. What should I do if I am considering registering for a place with this childminder ?

Please contact: Ann Riley

Business phone number: 0776 646 8497

11. What arrangements does the childminder have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints ?

I have a folder for feedback, compliments and complaints.

Data last checked: 02/09/2019
Is there anything wrong with this page?

Wokingham Services Directory Disclaimer

The Service Directory includes information and links to third party internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others, information is provided solely for guidance and does not constitute any endorsement. Wokingham Borough Council is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on the directories and information is not provided as a recommendation of suitability or quality of service.