I am a dedicated and conscientious person with more than 15 years of experience of caring for others. Over the years I have acquired skills for working with different client groups including supporting people living with dementia, Cancer, Huntington disease, cerebral palsy, Parkinson disease, Multiple sclerosis, physical disability, learning disability, mental health, alcohol, and drug misuse as well as the more general debilitation of simply becoming frail and elderly. I also help those returning from the hospital and provide respite care for their loved ones.
I am flexible in my approach so I can adapt quickly and seamlessly as clients’ needs changes. Using a personal centred - approach I provide support to clients in their own homes by making their lives safer and more fulfilling. Clients taking control of their care writing care plans that are tailored to specific requirements and needs.
My service includes:
- Working in partnership with a client, their family, other professionals and agencies to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Assisting clients in their home environment with their daily routine and medicine administration.
- Exploring client’s desirable outcomes and ensure that they are clear, specific, measurable and substantive.
- Providing physical, emotional and practical support with the objective of the client achieving personal independence.
- Exploring ways of strengthening client’s social networks.
- Carry out Risk assessments to ensure that the client is safe in his/her own environment.
- Optimum Life Homecare Services