Local Offer Description
Local Offer last reviewed 03/04/2018
1. How does the childminder identify children with additional needs or SEND ?
All the children in my care are monitored and observed in line with the EYFS and this is recorded in their learning journeys which are accessible to parents at all times. A 2 year check is carried out and shared with parents and HV plus any concerns with regards to development are discussed.
The needs of all new children are assessed/identified through discussion with parents and the individuals needs addressed at this time. A progress update will be set with parents and any HV or medical professionals.
2. How will I be informed / included about the ways in which my child is being supported ?
Parents are kept up to date with their child's progress and development through an EYFS journey and daily diary. The yearly review is completed via a discussion with parents and any concerns discussed and if necessary an agreed plan of action put into practice. I will liaise with the parents concerned directly (via face to face, text, phone, diary or email) in their preferred method of communication.
3. How will the childminder adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child?s needs ?
I always treat children individually and activities I set will reflect this ensuring the task is set at the correct level for each child.
4. What additional support does the childminder provide for children with additional needs or SEND ?
Being a childminder my ratios are much lower enabling me to provide each child with any extra help they require. I will continue to liase with parents and my early years team about any additional equipment or extra training to support each child's unique requirements to continue an inclusive environment within my setting. Age dependant, I will endeavour to include the child in their support program and listen to their ideas on how we as a team can promote their individual growth and development in my setting.
5. How will the childminder monitor my child?s progress and how will I be involved in this ?
Observations will be carried out regularly and recorded in their daily diary and Learning journey for parents to view. Parents are invited to comment via a parent questionnaire in the EYFS folders and/or encouraged to share information in daily diaries.
A yearly progress report would highlight any developmental delays and monitoring such delays will be done more regularly with parents and HV/medical professionals.
Action plans will be devised using the feedback questionnaires. Meetings will be conducted to share any ideas and promote good relations with parents and HV ensuring activities extend their child to their full potential whilst supporting their additional needs.
I will also share information with any additional care providers to ensure a greater understanding of the child's overall needs using this information to enhance the care provided in my setting.
6. How does the childminder ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips ?
I will ensure that I have the correct equipment for each childs additional needs and will therefore include them in all my activities and outings providing as many experiences as possible.
7. How accessible is the childminder?s home for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users ?
My property is not at present accessible to wheelchair users.
8. How will the childminder contribute to my child?s transition to a new setting or school ?
I will liase with the new setting to ensure a smooth transition aiding where possible and ensuring they are able to access Learning journeys and diaries as guidance.
9. How does the childminder assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation ?
I monitor progress of the children via Learning journals, daily diaries and yearly progress assessments. I will access additional training as needed. I will re-evaluate my childcare with the parents to enable me to continue the best care for their child.
10. What should I do if I am considering registering for a place with this childminder ?
Contact me directly to discuss.
11. What arrangements does the childminder have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints ?
I have a complains book and policy available to all parents.