Local Offer Description
Local Offer last reviewed 10/07/2017
1. How does the childminder identify children with additional needs or SEND ?
We will work closely with the child's family and other settings to identify and support any additional needs.
2. How will I be informed / included about the ways in which my child is being supported ?
We run an online system that we can use to communicate plans for support.
3. How will the childminder adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child?s needs ?
Each child's individual needs will be taken into account when planning activities around the EYFS.
4. What additional support does the childminder provide for children with additional needs or SEND ?
We have first hand experience of caring for a child with additional needs and feel confident in supporting other parents.
5. How will the childminder monitor my child?s progress and how will I be involved in this ?
We run an online system that we record observations and monitor progress. Parents have 24/7 secure access to this.
6. How does the childminder ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips ?
We will adapt activities to suit the individual needs. Trips will be planned taking into account every child in our cares needs.
7. How accessible is the childminder?s home for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users ?
We do not have wheelchair access.
8. How will the childminder contribute to my child?s transition to a new setting or school ?
We will lease with the school setting and provide the school with a transition report.
9. How does the childminder assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation ?
10. What should I do if I am considering registering for a place with this childminder ?
Contact us for further information or to arrange a visit.
11. What arrangements does the childminder have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints ?
We have a complaints book. Our online system has questionnaires on it.