Local Offer Description
1. How does the childminder identify children with additional needs or SEND ?
Children who attend my setting are observed in line with the EYFS framework and by using trackers. Through these I may identify additional needs
I conduct 2 year developmental checks, which I share with parents, allowing discussion for any concerns they or I may have with regards to their child's development.
If a parent, or myself, has concerns about a child I will work closely with them to make a plan which will include the early years team and professional help.
2. How will I be informed / included about the ways in which my child is being supported ?
Parents will be spoken to about any concerns and a plan will be put into place where I will monitor and feedback to parents as appropriate. The plan will include strategies that can be both implemented at the setting and at home.
3. How will the childminder adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child?s needs ?
The EYFS will be followed and adapted according to the child's abilities and needs. Activities and resources will be provided that support the child's interests and stage of development.
4. What additional support does the childminder provide for children with additional needs or SEND ?
Support for any child will primarily be from myself in the setting, however should the need be there I will work with outside agencies to ensure a positive outcome for the child.
5. How will the childminder monitor my child?s progress and how will I be involved in this ?
I use the EYFS framework and complete development and language trackers for each child to allow me to monitor and review each child to see what early learning stage the child is at. This tracker is shared with parents with progress and concerns highlighted. I will work with other settings the child is attending to provided the care for the child.
6. How does the childminder ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips ?
All activities and trips are planned to enable the child in the setting on that day to participate to their own ability.
7. How accessible is the childminder?s home for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users ?
My home would require some additional adaptations to ensure it is fully accessible for children with mobility challenges
8. How will the childminder contribute to my child?s transition to a new setting or school ?
I will always work in partnership with other settings to ensure a child has a smooth transition. I am happy to visit other settings and vice verse.
9. How does the childminder assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation ?
I actively participate in self evaluation and find this to be an effective tool in monitoring my setting for improving my care on an on going basis. I am in constant communication with parents/carers and invite them to discuss or offer suggestions at any time.
10. What should I do if I am considering registering for a place with this childminder ?
I am able to offer an informal meeting to discuss your requirements and can be contacted by email or phone.
11. What arrangements does the childminder have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints ?
I have a complaints book for parents/carers to access at any time. In addition I have parental feedback forms which I send out periodically.