Male Childcare and Teaching Jobs
Male Childcare and Teaching Jobs is a unique Diversity and Inclusion project that aims to tackle gender stereotypes in childcare and education settings.
Our mission is to increase the employment of male teachers and early years educators in nurseries, schools, and other childcare settings across the UK, up to 40% by 2028.
Here is an overview of our core objectives:
- We celebrate men working in childcare and education with regular, unique awards (including free training courses, qualifications, treats, and more)
- We facilitate men’s employment through a jobs board where only male-inclusive employers advertise their vacancies.
- We encourage more men to get into teaching careers through our partnerships with universities, colleges, and training providers.
We are striving to support every local community in connecting committed, quality male teachers and early years practitioners with gender-inclusive nurseries, schools, and even families looking for nannies, tutors and babysitters. We would love to support the Wokingham area by offering free job postings and other marketing services to:
- State schools and nursery schools looking to diversify the gender of their staff team
- Families looking to hire male nannies, babysitters, tutors, au-pairs, and other educational roles for their children
- Any other state-funded educational setting you might have in your area.
We can help the above in a variety of ways:
- Creating a company profile on our website – this will give any interested school or organisation the opportunity to showcase their commitment to gender-inclusivity in childcare and education. You will be able to see an example of a company profile here
- Posting jobs – this will allow any interested school, family or organisation to post unlimited job opportunities on our website. Any job from our jobs board will also be posted in local universities’ jobs board, allowing schools, nurseries and families to connect with male students and graduates. You will be able to see a list of the universities that are allowing us to connect with their student at the bottom of our homepage. The process for job posting is very straightforward and simply requires sending an email to us with the full description of the role. We will then manually carry out a quality check on the job ad to make sure it is appropriate for our site and post it right away.
- Other marketing services for employers for free – these include social media campaigns, featured news articles and newsletter promotions. Our marketing services can be used to announce anything schools/nurseries might need to share, from a fundraising event to a recent Ofsted inspection, from a recent male recruit to even posting jobs.
As previously mentioned, all of the services above will be free of charge (fees are applicable for private organisations only).
We are highly committed to encouraging more men to get into teaching careers. Here are some of the university events we are attending this year:
- Three Careers Fairs at the London South Bank University (part-time, full-time and volunteering jobs fairs)
- A Student Mentoring programme and a Talent Team Insight Sessions at the University of Coventry
- An Assessment Centre Experience at the University of Hertfordshire
All of the events above will give us a chance to build strong relationships with students and point them in the direction of inclusive employers.
- Male Childcare and Teaching Jobs
- Scan to visit this website
- Contact Name
- Claudio Sisera
- Contact Position
- Diversity Executive
- 020 8152 8393 020 8152 8393
- Social Media
Costs and Fee Information
- Contact provider for costs
Data last checked: