We are resuming socially distanced face-to-face meetings.
Contact can also be made through email, telephone or via Teams/Zoom.
Support information is sent out via email or post.
We are an advisory service offered to individuals affected by Young Onset Dementia, their carers, family and friends
How do we help?
If you're under the age of 70, living with or caring for someone diagnosed with young on-set dementia (YOD) we can provide support for you and your loved ones on your dementia journey.
- We listen to all your concerns, providing confidential support
- Become a consistent point of contact
- Offer relevant and timely information
- Create a care needs assessement plan
- Provide opportunities to meet other carers and those diagnosed for support
- Referral to relevant external parties
What information do we provide?
The diagnosis of dementia can cause a great deal of anxiety and you may have many questions. We can help by offering advice on the following:
- Local activities, groups and support services
- Longer term planning, including emergency care
- Financial matters, benefits, legal services and advocacy
- Referral to Health & Social Services and other relevant organisations
- Support for children, youths and young adults affected by a parent with dementia
- Advice on assisted technology enabling living well with dementia
- Research studies
- Young Person With Dementia Course run for Carers and those diagnosed
Accessing our service
If you would like to access our service please completed our dementia service referral form located in the download menu on the right or call or email our service.
- Wokingham Borough Council