Local Offer Description
Local Offer last reviewed 25/06/2019
1. How does the childminder identify children with additional needs or SEND ?
I am able to identify any needs of a child within my care through our daily routine where I am able to observe and interact with a child.
I can assess through the EYES in addition to many years experience working with children.
Throughout any concerns I would consult with parents and offer support where necessary to both the child and parents and if necessary consult with other professionals.
2. How will I be informed / included about the ways in which my child is being supported ?
Parents will be spoken to about any concerns and a plan will be put in place where I will monitor and feedback to parents as appropriate. The plan will include strategies that can be implemented both at the setting and at home.
3. How will the childminder adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child?s needs ?
The EYES will be followed and adapted according to the child's abilities and I will provide the appropriate resources for the child to progress.
4. What additional support does the childminder provide for children with additional needs or SEND ?
Support for any child will primarily be from myself in the setting, however should the need be there I will work with outside agencies to ensure a positive outcome for the child.
5. How will the childminder monitor my child?s progress and how will I be involved in this ?
Each child has an individual learning journey with monitors the child's progress and this is available for parents to view. Any feedback from the parents would be discussed and we would work together.
6. How does the childminder ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips ?
All activities and trips are planned to enable the children in the setting on the day to be able to participate to their own ability.
7. How accessible is the childminder?s home for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users ?
Unfortunately my setting is not accessible to a standard that would provide adequate mobility for a wheelchair user.
8. How will the childminder contribute to my child?s transition to a new setting or school ?
The child's EYES folder would be handed to the parent to pass onto the new school setting. In addition I would be willing to attend any transition meetings should it be required.
9. How does the childminder assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation ?
I have attended a course for self-evaluation and found this to be an effective tool in monitoring my setting for improving my care on an ongoing basis. I am in constant communication with parents/carers and invite them to discuss or offer suggestions at any time.
10. What should I do if I am considering registering for a place with this childminder ?
I am able to offer an informal meeting to discuss your requirements and can be contacted by email or phone.
11. What arrangements does the childminder have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints ?
I have a complaints book for parents/carers to access at any time. In addition I have parental feedback forms which I send out periodically.