Rainbow Community and Children's Centre, Winnersh
The Rainbow Community and Children's Centre aims to serve the Winnersh community.
The community building is maintained by Wokingham Borough Council. Events and activities are arranged by Wokingham Borough Council, Winnersh Children's Centre and the Centre Forward Community Group, a voluntary organisation run by local residents.
The Rainbow Community Centre is also the venue of the Winnersh Children's Centre.
Types of activities available at the centre:
- 2 sessions of Short Mat Bowls per week (run by Centre Forward Community Group) Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2.15pm.
- Minibus Trips (run by Centre Forward Community Group)
- Breast Feeding Network -breastfeeding support is available here fortnightly on Wednesday mornings-appointments should be pre-booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (during term time)
- Share-this is currently held on Wednesdays between 1pm and 2pm.
Share is a charity who aim to support the community with fresh food including bread and other items which would ordinarily be wasted and are either surplus stock or end of day items from supermarkets.
From the 11th January 2023 SHARE are asking you to Pay It Forward in the form of a £1 donation. If you do not have £1 you are still able to access SHARE. There is a 1 bag limit in place to try to ensure that there is enough food for all that attend, however you are very welcome to return at the end of the session to take more of the fresh items that are left.
- Play and Learn session on Tuesday mornings run by the Children's Centre. This starts at 10am and does not currently need to be booked in advance.
- The Sunflower Club-the Sunflower Club is for over 50's who would like to meet socially. If you are feeling lonely and looking for a way of meeting others this club is for you. We meet fortnightly on Wednesday mornings from 10am to 11.30am, informally for coffee and cake/biscuits. First session back of 2024 is the 17th January.
- ESOL-this runs on Mondays during term time.
- Mums' Zone-this returns on the 12th Jan 2024 and is for new mums and babies-join us for some gentle exercise and meeting other new mums. This runs between 1pm and 3pm on a Friday afternoon and is £2 a session. Please email Community.Engagement.Localities@wokingham.gov.uk to register.
- Winnersh Youth Club-Winnersh Youth Club is for children aged 8yrs-12yrs old. This session is run by Berkshire Youth, and is funded by Winnersh Parish Council. This runs on a Wednesday during term time from 5.30pm-7pm. Sessions are 50p. Please note a parent/carer will need to bring their child to the first session to fill out a registration form.
- We also have the NEET Elevate team at the centre on Monday mornings-if you are 16-18 (or up to 24yrs SEND) and would like help to explore career options then you can book an appointment with them by emailing email@example.com or calling 07710 117650.
If you are attending the centre in order to be respectful to our neighbours, please park in the centre car park-if this is full and you are unsure of where to park please speak to a member of staff.
- Rainbow Community and Children's Centre
- RG41 5SG
- View RG41 5SG on a map
Costs and Fee Information
- Service/Activity is Free
Facilities and Accessibility
Premises near a train station
Premises on a bus route
Indoor Play Area
Baby change facilities
Easy Access for Prams and Buggies
Accessing this service
- Age Ranges
- All ages
Data last checked: