WASPF is a group of professionals (and non-professionals) that meet quarterly to raise awareness of adult safeguarding with the aim of listening to people and promoting best practice.
WASPF was established in 2008 with the initial aim of reviewing No Secrets 2000. It began with an invited membership comprising of LA, Police & representatives from some key local providers at that time. From then the forum has grown to have a membership of over 60 which also includes customers and carers and is recognised as an example of ‘engaging with service users’.
The forum has a Terms of Reference and reports to the West of Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board (WoBSAPB), which from April 2015 holds a statutory function. The forum also feeds into the local authorities Health & Wellbeing Board.
Its agreed aims and functions are:
- To tell everyone about their local forum
- To get good results for people who need their help
- To set good standards so that the risk of abuse & neglect is less
- To work with other groups to make sure everyone knows what they should be doing and they are doing it well
- Act as champions for safeguarding
- Ask people what they think about the safeguarding process
- Tell everyone about local & national issues
- Think about what training people need
- Work with partner agencies to find out what is needed to keep people safe
- Write an action plan
- Make reports in different formats
If you would like to know more about the forum or how to join please do contact us.