The Local Offer Directory for 0 - 25 year olds with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
Directory of support services for children and young with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and their families.
For information on SEND support available in the borough please visit the Local Offer section of the councils website.
Browse by subject
- Becoming an adult
- Benefits and financial guidance
- Disability friendly holidays
- Employment, training and careers advice
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Play Schemes
- Leisure and Activities
- Policies and guidelines
- Schools and special educational needs
- Specialist short breaks by WBC
- Social Care
- Support groups, services and agencies
- I think my child might have special educational needs and/or disabilities
- I need help and support with my child
- Help with learning
- Short breaks and respite care services
- Support for different types of SEND
- Documents library
- Support for children under 5
- Social care support services
- Health and support services
- Information advice and support service - SENDIASS
- Preparing for adulthood
- Apply for our children with additional needs concessions card
- Transport and travel for people with disabilities
- What's on guide
A quick and easy guide for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND). Read the SEND Voices Parents Guide.
The Annual Wokingham Borough SEND Survey 2023 was developed to find out about Wokingham Borough parents and carers experiences of the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) system in the last 12 months. SEND Voices Wokingham (Parent Carer Forum) produced the survey, it ran from the 8 May to 7 July 2023. An estimated 1500 families and providers received the survey, 408 responses were received from Wokingham Borough residents. Visit the SEND Voices website to read the results of the survey.
Educational options for children and young people in Wokingham Borough with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are about to improve as plans for two new SEND schools move forward. Visit our news site for further information.
Family information and fun day for those on the Wokingham Borough with a child or young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). For more information visit the SEND Voices Wokingham website.
Join the Youth Engagement Squad on Wednesday 20 September to find out about supported internships from Ways into Work and talk with Wokingham Borough Council about what you think of annual reviews for Education, Health and Care Plans.
Group for children and young people with additional needs and their siblings aged 8 to 25 years. View the groups directory listing for more information.
If you are struggling to pay for food, energy bills and other household essentials, help could be available through the household Support Fund. Visit our cost of living help web page to find out how to apply for the Household Support Fund and what other support is available.
Residents will be able to explore employment opportunities and receive career advice under one roof. For further information visit the news section of our website.