The Local Offer Directory for 0 - 25 year olds with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
Directory of support services for children and young with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and their families.
For information on SEND support available in the borough please visit the Local Offer section of the councils website.
Browse by subject
- Becoming an adult
- Benefits and financial guidance
- Disability friendly holidays
- Employment, training and careers advice
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Play Schemes
- Leisure and Activities
- Policies and guidelines
- Schools and special educational needs
- Specialist short breaks by WBC
- Social Care
- Support groups, services and agencies
- I think my child might have special educational needs and/or disabilities
- I need help and support with my child
- Education and special educational needs
- Short breaks and respite care services
- Support for different types of SEND
- Documents library
- Support for children under 5
- Social care support services
- Health and support services
- Information advice and support service - SENDIASS
- Information for young people
- Becoming an adult
- Apply for our children with additional needs concessions card
- What's on guide
Special educational needs and disabilities updates - Autumn term 2022
Read about the work happening within the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) service.
Find out about Care, Education and Treatment Reviews and the Keyworking Programme
Find out about support available from the NHS for children and young people with a learning disability, autism, or both, who have been or may be about to be admitted to a mental health inpatient hospital. Care, Education and Treatment Reviews (CETRs) Berkshire West Keyworking Programme
Easy read guide to using Wokingham library
Read the easy read guide to using Wokingham library for people with disabilities. The guide was written by CLASP, a charity supporting adults with learning disabilities.
SEND sufficiency review 2022: Ensuring Wokingham has the right provision for children with SEND
Read the summary of the findings and conclusions from the review, changes we propose to make as a result and what this means for children with SEND and their parents.
Say YES - Youth Engagement Squad: Wokingham's SEND young people's forum
Read a summary of the latest Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) youth forum meeting.
Teenage club for young people with additional needs
Are you a young person aged 13 to 19 with additional needs? The Me2 Club have set up a new monthly club where you can come and make friends, have fun, develop your confidence and help plan activities and fundraising events. Time: 6pm until 7:30pm
Cost of living help
If you are struggling to pay for food, energy bills and other household essentials, help could be available through the household Support Fund. Visit our cost of living help web page to find out how to apply for the Household Support Fund and what other support is available.