Skip to main content
Your shortlist 0 What's on

Abuse - what should I do?

Everyone has the right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. If you are concerned about the welfare of a vulnerable adult you should report the abuse.

    How to report a concern

    It's important to tell someone

  • If you feel that you are being abused or know a person you believe is at risk
  • If you are worried that you might harm a vulnerable adult you are caring for. Looking after a vulnerable adult can be difficult, carers can often feel isolated and stressed
  • If you work with vulnerable adults and suspect abuse but are worried about what will happen if you report abuse. The person concerned may not be able to report the abuse themselves and may rely on you to voice the concern 

Don't suffer in silence, there is always someone to turn to for support and advice. 

    Further information

    Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)

For advice on Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) please contact the adult safeguarding team on 0118 974 6850 or email

    Easy read guide

    Child protection

If you are worried about a child please visit our child protection page.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Wokingham Services Directory Disclaimer

The Service Directory includes information and links to third party internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others, information is provided solely for guidance and does not constitute any endorsement. Wokingham Borough Council is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on the directories and information is not provided as a recommendation of suitability or quality of service.