Safeguarding is looking out for and trying to protect others in our community who are vulnerable or may be at risk of harm.
The Safeguarding Adults Board (SAPB) is made up of local organisations who work together to make sure residents in Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.
The Safeguarding Adults Board can help if you are:
- An adult who is at risk because of age, an illness or disability and someone is hurting you, frightening you, stealing from you or neglecting you
- Worried that someone you know is being abused or neglected
- Find out contact details and more information via the West of Berkshire Adult Safeguarding Board website
- Find out where to go for help via the Easy reading guide on keeping adults safe and where to go for help (PDF document)
- Wokingham Adult Safeguarding Partnership Forum (WASPF) - meets quarterly to raise awareness of adult safeguarding with the aim of listening to people and promoting best practice
The service is provided by a number of local groups and services:
They provide the following services:
- Emergency Duty Service
- Shared Legal Solutions (SLS) provided by Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Health watch - local consumer champion in health & social care
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) - monitors, inspects and regulates services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety
- Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Groups - Groups of GPs that are responsible for designing local health services in England
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- South Central Ambulance Trust
- Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust - provides specialist mental health and community health services
Police and fire services
- Thames Valley Police
- Thames Valley Probation Service – working with sentenced offenders in the Thames Valley
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
Is there anything wrong with this page?