Personal safety takes many forms and means that you’re able to go about your everyday life free from the threat of fear of physical, emotional or psychological harm from others. Examples of the threats to personal safety and the support available are detailed below.
Bogus callers are people who turn up unannounced at your door and pretend to be someone they are not e.g. workmen. Their intention is to trick their way into your home to steal from you. To ensure your personal safety, follow our doorstep safety checks.
If you suspect someone of being a bogus caller you should:
- End your conversation as soon as possible - tell them you need to get quotes from other companies
- Never pay upfront for anything
Consider using the Buy With Confidence website – all the businesses on this web site have been vetted and approved by Trading Standards
- Domestic abuse is any physical, sexual, emotional, psychological or financial abuse between those that are or have been intimate partners or family members - for more information and advice please visit our domestic abuse webpage
- Victim Support is a national charity giving free and confidential support to victims of crime
- Hate crime is an offence committed against a person because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender or age - for more information and advice please visit our hate crime webpage
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service - provides free fire safety checks in your home to help reduce your risk of fire, create an escape plan and fit free smoke alarms where necessary
- The Safer Places Scheme helps people who are feeling vulnerable or scared when they are out and about in the Wokingham Borough
Is there anything wrong with this page?