I need help and support with my child

I need help with learning

Visit our attendance and home-based learning page which contains information on helping with learning. 

I need help with communication

Speech, language and communication needs

Visit our what you might like to know if you have a child with Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) web page.

Support to speak to a professional

The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) is a statutory service which is run at ‘arm’s length’ from the Special Educational Needs decision makers and provides free, confidential, impartial advice, guidance and support.


  • Help resolve disagreements
  • Support you in meetings with professionals
  • Explain how mediation works
  • Explain your right of appeal through the tribunal system

Contact them by:

I need help with hearing, and sight impairment

Visit our directory for a list of services which provide information, advice and support for children and young people with:

I need help with physical disabilities

Visit our what you might like to know if you have a child with a physical disability web page.

I need help with behaviour, mental health and autism

Read our what you might like to know if you have an autistic child or young person web page.

I need help at home

Visit our short breaks web section to find out if you are eligible to apply for the short breaks service

Find a list of agencies who provide personal assistants

I don't know what help I need!

Visit our who to contact for advice and guidance web page for information on who to talk to about help and support around special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)

External Links

  1. SEND Voices Wokingham - Local Offer Guide (PDF)
  2. SEND Voices Wokingham - SEND Guide for Parents (PDF)


Page last reviewed: 07/12/2023

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Happy face Neutral face Sad face
Skip back to top of page