Are you eligible for a Free NHS Health Check?
The NHS Health Check is a national programme for adults aged between 40-74. You are eligible if you do not have diabetes, heart and kidney disease or are not being treated for high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels. The check takes approximately 20 – 30 minutes and will assess your personal risk of developing diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and high cholesterol.
- The check is to assess your risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease or stroke.
- It will take about 20-30 minutes
- You will be asked some questions about your family history, and your lifestyle choices
- Your height, weight age, sex and ethnicity will be recorded
- Your blood pressure will be checked
- There will be a simple finger-prick test to measure your cholesterol level
- You will be taken through your results, and advised about what they could mean
- You will be given personalised advice on how you can lower your risk and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- If your results indicate that you are at high risk, you will be advised to see your doctor
You can get your Wokingham NHS Health Check at a variety of places locally such as your local GP practice or any of the following:
- Shinfield Pharmacy 0118 988 3540
- Fields Pharmacy, Twyford 0118 934 1222
- Jats Pharmacy, Finchampstead 0118 973 5455
- Wokingham Broad Street Pharmacy 0118 978 7459
- Tesco Pharmacy 0118 373 5847
- Wokingham Rose Street Pharmacy 0118 907 8188
- Finchampstead Pharmacy 0118 973 7084
- Deaf Positives, Wokingham 0118 979 7575
Please contact the provider directly to book your appointment.
In the meantime, there’s lots of helpful information available on the NHS Choices Live Well website to help you lead a healthier life, or search our Wokingham Services Directory for details of activities taking place locally.
Check out the new Heart Age Calculator on the NHS Choices website, which has been developed jointly in conjunction with NHS Choices, The British Heart Foundation (BHF) and The Joint British Society. The tool will also give you tips on how to make changes to support living a longer, healthier life. For more local information please see the Wokingham Services Directory for local activities.
Is there anything wrong with this page?